DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Ascent Technology fosters a heterogeneous Database Technology and Services strategy. Our expertise covers a comprehensive range of Database Technologies – including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, Azure Cosmos DB, PostgreSQL and Sybase.
Evaluate SQL Server 2017 with the SQL Server and Microsoft Azure SQL Database Trials
Evaluate SQL Server 2016 with the SQL Server and Microsoft Azure SQL Database Trials
Evaluate SQL Server 2014 with the SQL Server and Microsoft Azure SQL Database Trials
- SQL Server 2012 Product Overview (389 KB)
- SQL Server 2012 White Paper (795 KB)
- SQL Server 2012 Editions and Licensing (565 KB)
- SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services (565 KB)
- SQL Server 2012 Data Quality Services (434 KB)
- SQL Server 2012 High Availability (381 KB)
- SQL Server 2012 Integration Services (418 KB)
- SQL Server 2012 Master Data Services (389 KB)
- SQL Server 2012 Predictive Analysis (426 KB)
- SQL Server 2012 Programmability (369 KB)
- SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services (471 KB)
- SQL Server 2012 Security and Compliance (414 KB)
- SQL Server 2012 Managed Self Service Business Intelligence (528 KB)
- SQL Server 2008 Product Overview (2.7 MB)
- SQL Server 2008 Data Sheet (321 KB)
- SQL Server 2008 Performance and Scale (178 KB)
- SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services (307 KB)
- Server Consolidation with SQL Server 2008 (238 KB)
- Practical SQL Server 2008 for Oracle Professionals (465 KB)
- Online Transaction Processing in SQL Server 2008 (106 KB)
- Database Encryption in SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition (349KB)
Key requirements that drive adoption of MariaDB products are enterprise-grade performance, industry-leading security trusted by banks and government, world-class support and a modern, unique architecture, which is extensible at every layer so users and the community can extend functionality to meet unique needs.
MongoDB calls the format BSON, making the integration of data in certain types of applications easier and faster. Released under a combination of the GNU Affero General Public License and the Apache License, MongoDB is free and open-source software.
Azure Cosmos DB provides native support for NoSQL choices, offers multiple well-defined consistency models, guarantees single-digit-millisecond latencies at the 99th percentile, and guarantees high availability with multi-homing capabilities and low latencies anywhere in the world— all backed by industry-leading, comprehensive service level agreements (SLAs).
- Introduction to Cosmos DB (20.2 MB)
It runs on all major operating systems, including Linux, UNIX (AIX, BSD, HP-UX, SGI IRIX, macOS, Solaris, Tru64), and Windows. It is fully ACID compliant, has full support for foreign keys, joins, views, triggers, and stored procedures (in multiple languages).
It includes most SQL:2008 data types, including INTEGER, NUMERIC, BOOLEAN, CHAR, VARCHAR, DATE, INTERVAL, and TIMESTAMP. It also supports storage of binary large objects, including pictures, sounds, or video. It has native programming interfaces for C/C++, Java, .Net, Perl, Python, Ruby, Tcl, ODBC, among others, and exceptional documentation.
An enterprise class database, PostgreSQL boasts sophisticated features such as Multi-Version Concurrency Control (MVCC), point in time recovery, tablespaces, asynchronous replication, nested transactions (savepoints), online/hot backups, a sophisticated query planner/optimizer, and write ahead logging for fault tolerance.
It supports international character sets, multibyte character encodings, Unicode, and it is locale-aware for sorting, case-sensitivity, and formatting.
It is highly scalable both in the sheer quantity of data it can manage and in the number of concurrent users it can accommodate. There are active PostgreSQL systems in production environments that manage in excess of 4 terabytes of data.
ASE 15 has the following features/benefits:
- Smart Partitions: ASE 15 makes large databases easy to manage and more efficient by allowing you to divide tables into smaller partitions that can be individually managed.
- Computed Columns: Often applications repeat the same calculation over and over for the same report or query. ASE 15 supports both virtual and materialized columns based on server calculations.
- Functional Indexes: Functional indexes allow the server to build indexes on a table based on the result of a function. When repeated searches use that function, the results do not need to be computed from scratch.
- Next Generation Query Engine: ASE 15 dramatically enhances the reporting of complex information through a patented query optimizer, which speeds query performance by supporting new techniques to optimize performance such as improved star-joins, hash-joins, join histograms, partition elimination, and goals-based optimization.
- Self-Management and Embedability: ASE 15 has impressive technologies for reducing management overhead and improving embedability. These include a powerful job scheduler, automatic resource management, dynamic cache management, and high performance maintenance technologies. New to ASE 15 are Automated Statistic Updates, Graphical Plan Viewer and Enterprise View.