When Bidfood SA chose to modernise and migrate its data platform to Microsoft Azure, it turned to Ascent Technology for help. In a world that is digitally transforming, it is more vital than ever to an organisation’s success to utilise the latest platforms to drive...
CLIENT CASE STUDIES
A Windows Server and SQL Server consolidation, optimisation and migration to Microsoft Azure enables the company to reduce costs, modernise its data platform and boost its innovation capabilities. As an operator running two distinct betting businesses, Phumelela...
Microsoft Azure Data Platform Services not only boosts the company’s DR facilities, it also helps them deliver value-added services and innovative strategic solutions to its customers. In a digitising world, it comes as no surprise to learn that Compatible Automotive...
On July 12, 2022, support for SQL Server 2012 will end. That means the end of regular security updates. Don't let your infrastructure and applications go unprotected. We're here to help you migrate to current versions for greater security, performance and innovation....
On October 10, 2023, support for Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2 will end. That means the end of regular security updates. Don't let your infrastructure and applications go unprotected. We're here to help you migrate to current versions for greater security,...
Economic volatility is driving a greater number of organisations to consider cost cutting measures and to implement consolidation procedures. This situation is further compounded by the growing skills shortage that makes it more difficult for businesses to acquire and...
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES
Ascent Technology continues it’s strong showing in the Microsoft Partner of the Year awards, as a finalist in the Data and Analytics Partner of the Year award. Finalist Data and Analytics Partner of the Year "It is always gratifying to be recognised by...
Microsoft and Ascent Technology invite you to a deep-dive, interactive exploration of how to migrate apps & databases to Azure. We are hosting one-day online workshops covering everything from whiteboarding migration strategies to hands-on experiences with data...
FROM THE DESK OF THE MD
The start of another year inevitably brings with it the promise of change, and in wishing all our clients a happy New Year, we would like to suggest that 2019 is going to be a year of considerable and exciting change. After all, not only do we have what are sure to be...
Migrate your SQL Server(s) to Azure with Ascent Technology
Intelligent and secure Azure SQL database services make it easy to:
- Migrate your SQL workloads with SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines
- Modernise your existing applications with Azure SQL Managed Instance
- Support modern cloud applications with Azure SQL Database
- Use your existing SQL skills in the cloud on the same SQL Server engine
- Extend your applications to IoT edge gateways and devices with Azure SQL Edge
- Keep making the most of your current license investments
We’ve got you Covered with OptionsMultiple options are available to help you leverage the innovative technologies you need to carry your organisation into the future.
Lift and shift (Rehost) your SQL Server Database(s) to AzureDo you need more time to plan and implement your next move? Lift and shift (Rehost) your SQL Server workloads to the cloud to get the combined performance, security, and analytics of SQL Server with flexibility and hybrid connectivity of Azure with 100 percent code compatibility. SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines is part of the Azure SQL family, which allows you to migrate existing apps or build new apps on the best cloud destination for your mission-critical SQL Server workloads.
- No need to re-engineer applications to migrate to Azure
- Extra years of critical patching past EOL for your older workloads
- Pay as you go billing model
- Risk free
Azure SQL Managed InstanceDo you want to lift and shift your SQL databases to the cloud without extensive re-engineering? Azure SQL Managed Instance is the intelligent, scalable, cloud database service that combines the broadest SQL Server engine compatibility with all the benefits of a fully managed and evergreen platform as a service. With SQL Managed Instance, confidently modernise your existing apps at scale by combining your experience with familiar tools, skills and resources and do more with what you already have.
- No need to re-engineer applications to migrate to Azure
- Eliminates hardware and admin costs
- Fast resource provisioning and service scaling
- Advantages of PaaS without the same level of organisation change required
Azure SQL Database, Platform as a Service (PaaS)Do you want to move to the cloud and fully leverage its scaling and managed service benefits? Azure SQL Database is the intelligent, scalable, relational database service built for the cloud. It’s evergreen and always up to date, with AI-powered and automated features that optimize performance and durability for you. Serverless compute and Hyperscale storage options automatically scale resources on demand, so you can focus on building new applications without worrying about storage size or resource management.
- 99.99% up-time Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Azure AD authentication and single sign-on support (SSO)
- Automated backups
- Built-in high availability (HA)
- No ongoing SQL licensing costs
- Point-in-time database restore capability
- Threat detection (alerts)
Azure SQL Reserved CapacityAre you searching for the most cost-effective path to the Azure cloud? Azure SQL Reserved Capacity is right up your alley – it’s another SQL service option from Microsoft designed specifically for organisations who want to start leveraging the cloud’s extensive capabilities while still taking advantage of discounts. Azure Reserved Capacity allows you to save up to 33% on your Azure SQL Server migration by making an upfront commitment to pre-purchase your desired amount of SQL Server vCores (compute) for a one or three-year term.
- Better control and flexibility over your databases’ resource consumption
- Pre-purchased reservations are dynamically applied to any matching databases and elastic pools you have, whether newly deployed or are already running
- Purchased reservations can cover one subscription or multiple subscriptions
- Prepaid pricing model helps you budget and forecast better
Azure SQL Database HyperscaleDo you need the fastest and most scalable service tier of Azure for your large single database deployments? Azure SQL Database Hyperscale is another option of Azure SQL Database. Azure SQL Database Hyperscale is a high performing database with new scaling technology, catering to organisations that need dynamic, rapid storage for very large databases (VLDBs).
- Auto-scales up to 100TB for single databases
- Provision compute nodes that can serve read-only workloads, and use them as a hot standby in case of failover
- Scale compute and storage resources independently, with no sacrifice in performance
- Near instantaneous database backups, achieved via snapshots of data files taken from page servers at regular intervals to replace traditional streaming backup