Bring scalability, flexibility, security, and performance to your SQL Server Database workloads, while reducing the cost of infrastructure, maintenance and support when you deploy on Azure.
Get a consistent, unified experience across your entire SQL portfolio and a full range of deployment options from edge to cloud.
Intelligent and secure Azure SQL database services make it easy to:
- Migrate your SQL workloads with SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines
- Modernise your existing applications with Azure SQL Managed Instance
- Support modern cloud applications with Azure SQL Database
- Use your existing SQL skills in the cloud on the same SQL Server engine
- Keep making the most of your current license investments
We’ve got you Covered with Options
Multiple options are available to help you leverage the innovative technologies you need to carry your organisation into the future.
Lift and shift (Rehost) your SQL Server Database(s) to Azure
Do you need more time to plan and implement your next move?
Lift and shift (Rehost) your SQL Server workloads to the cloud to get the combined performance, security, and analytics of SQL Server with flexibility and hybrid connectivity of Azure with 100 percent code compatibility.
SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines is part of the Azure SQL family, which allows you to migrate existing apps or build new apps on the best cloud destination for your mission-critical SQL Server workloads.
- No need to re-engineer applications to migrate to Azure
- Extra years of critical patching past EOL for your older workloads
- Pay as you go billing model
- Risk free
If your organisation needs a fast migration pathway to the cloud with minimal business disruption, Azure VM is best suited.
Azure SQL Managed Instance
Do you want to lift and shift your SQL databases to the cloud without extensive re-engineering?
Azure SQL Managed Instance is the intelligent, scalable, cloud database service that combines the broadest SQL Server engine compatibility with all the benefits of a fully managed and evergreen platform as a service.
With SQL Managed Instance, confidently modernise your existing apps at scale by combining your experience with familiar tools, skills and resources and do more with what you already have.
- No need to re-engineer applications to migrate to Azure
- Eliminates hardware and admin costs
- Fast resource provisioning and service scaling
- Advantages of PaaS without the same level of organisation change required
Azure SQL Managed Instance is most suited if your business needs new applications or existing on-premises apps to leverage the latest SQL Server features available in Azure – especially because you can migrate your workloads to the cloud with minimal change and minimal need to re-engineer anything.
Azure SQL Database, Platform as a Service (PaaS)
Do you want to move to the cloud and fully leverage its scaling and managed service benefits?
Azure SQL Database is the intelligent, scalable, relational database service built for the cloud. It’s evergreen and always up to date, with AI-powered and automated features that optimize performance and durability for you.
Serverless compute and Hyperscale storage options automatically scale resources on demand, so you can focus on building new applications without worrying about storage size or resource management.
- 99.99% up-time Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Azure AD authentication and single sign-on support (SSO)
- Automated backups
- Built-in high availability (HA)
- No ongoing SQL licensing costs
- Point-in-time database restore capability
- Threat detection (alerts)
Azure SQL Database (PaaS) remains the best way to bring your SQL Server databases directly into the cloud, allowing you to take advantage of high-availability, on-demand scalability, built-in backup and disaster recovery and fully managed services for your workloads immediately. The tools on offer are all familiar too, with the added benefit of more features and cost-savings.
Azure SQL Reserved Capacity
Are you searching for the most cost-effective path to the Azure cloud?
Azure SQL Reserved Capacity is right up your alley – it’s another SQL service option from Microsoft designed specifically for organisations who want to start leveraging the cloud’s extensive capabilities while still taking advantage of discounts.
Azure Reserved Capacity allows you to save up to 33% on your Azure SQL Server migration by making an upfront commitment to pre-purchase your desired amount of SQL Server vCores (compute) for a one or three-year term.
- Better control and flexibility over your databases’ resource consumption
- Pre-purchased reservations are dynamically applied to any matching databases and elastic pools you have, whether newly deployed or are already running
- Purchased reservations can cover one subscription or multiple subscriptions
- Prepaid pricing model helps you budget and forecast better
On top of the regular discount offer, you can also stack up to 55% in further savings for your SQL Server and Windows Server costs in Azure by combining your Software Assurance and existing licenses to leverage Azure Hybrid Benefit. This makes it the most cost-friendly option if you need to upgrade from legacy infrastructure now.
Azure SQL Database Hyperscale
Do you need the fastest and most scalable service tier of Azure for your large single database deployments?
Azure SQL Database Hyperscale is another option of Azure SQL Database. Azure SQL Database Hyperscale is a high performing database with new scaling technology, catering to organisations that need dynamic, rapid storage for very large databases (VLDBs).
- Auto-scales up to 100TB for single databases
- Provision compute nodes that can serve read-only workloads, and use them as a hot standby in case of failover
- Scale compute and storage resources independently, with no sacrifice in performance
- Near instantaneous database backups, achieved via snapshots of data files taken from page servers at regular intervals to replace traditional streaming backup
Hyperscale fully leverages Microsoft Azure architecture for maximum scale for both compute and storage resources, and goes far beyond what’s available in the other tiers.
How do I engage with Ascent?
We encourage you to Contact Us, and we will assist you to Run your SQL Server Database(s) in Azure.