On January 14, 2020, support for Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 will end. That means the end of regular security updates. Don’t let your infrastructure and applications go unprotected. We’re here to help you migrate to current versions for greater security, performance and innovation.
We’ve got you Covered with New Options
New options are now available to help you upgrade and adopt the innovative technologies you need to carry your organisation into the future. If you need additional time to manage the transition, get three years of Extended Security Updates to keep your workloads protected beyond the deadline.
Migrate to Azure with Free Security Updates
- Rehost Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 workloads to Azure
- Get three years of Extended Security Updates at no additional charge, and upgrade to a current version when ready
- Use existing licenses and save up to 80 percent on Azure Virtual Machines with Azure Hybrid Benefit and Reserved Instances
Upgrade On-Premises and Stay Protected
- Upgrade to Windows Server 2016 for greater innovation, built-in security, and container support
- For continued protection beyond the deadline, buy up to three years of Extended Security Updates—cover only the servers you need while you upgrade
|SQL Server and Windows Server-Better Together
Don’t just migrate your apps, it’s time to transform your data, too. Support for SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 will end on July 9, 2019.
How do I engage with Ascent?
We encourage you to Contact Us, and we will assist you on your journey to discover the value that Microsoft Windows Server 2016 can add to your organisation.
- Extended Security Updates for Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 End of Service (525 KB)
- Extended Security Updates for Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 End of Service Questions (1 MB)
- Prepare for Windows server 2008 End of Support (593 KB)